|Photo: Falafel (Chick-peas Patties) Recipe|
1 kg (32 oz) Chick peas(dried)
1 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
1 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander
3 heads garlic, peeled and crushed
3 large onions, chopped
½ tspn ground cinnamon
½ tspn ground cumin
2 tspn salt
1/2 tspn ground chili
½ tspn ground black pepper
1 tbls plain flour
1 tspn ground dried coriander
½ tspn bicarbonate of soda
3 tspn baking powder
5 cups vegetable oil (for deep frying)
1. Soak beans in water for 24 hours, then drain well.
2. Mix all ingredients except (salt, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, black pepper, chili, bicarbonate, and baking powder).
3. Grind in a food processor.
4. Add to mixture salt, peppers, bicarbonate, baking powder and process another time.
5. Leave mixture aside for 30 minutes then knead.
6. Divide mixture into balls using a special tool for Falafel balls, if this tool is not available, take a spoonful of mixture and make flat balls. Heat oil in deep pan over high heat, then fry till browned.
7. Serve Falafel hot with parsley, tomatoes, fresh mint, spring onions, pickles and sesame paste.
More Arabic Food Recipes:
Falafel with Garlicky Tahini Sauce
Make Best Falafel Balls
Falafel & hummus on pita bread
How to make the perfect shape of a falafel ball?
Save and share Falafel (Chick-peas Patties) Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.