Thursday, May 22, 2014
The Arabic Food Recipes Kitchen (The home of Delicious Arabic Food) invites you to try Bokhari Rice recipe. Enjoy the Arabic cuisine and learn how to make Bokhari Rice.
Bukhari or Bokhari Rice (known in Arabic as Ruz al Bukhari) is a Saudi Arabian speciality (some say it is Afghani by origin).
For : 6 Persons
Duration : 70 Min
2 Cups Basmati Rice
1/4 Cup Corn Oil
500 Gram Meat Pieces
1 Large Chopped Onion
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
1 Teaspoon Chopped Ginger
2 Cups Grated Carrot
1 Tablespoon Mixed Spices
2 Teaspoons Cumin
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cardamom
1/2 1 Teaspoons Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
4 Cups Chicken Broth Or Water
1. Wash rice and soak in salted water for 15 minutes.
2. In a large pot heat oil over medium heat. Add meat pieces and stir until brown. Stir in onion, garlic, and ginger. Stir until onions are caramelized.
3. Add carrot, mixed spices, cumin, turmeric, cardamom, salt, black pepper, and water. Cover the meat and let simmer until meat is well done.
4. Remove meat from broth. Set aside. Drain rice and add to the broth. Add enough water to reach ½ an inch above the rice. Bring to a boil over high heat until rice absorbs most of the broth.
5. Place meat pieces on top of the rice. Cover pot and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for 30 minutes.
6. To serve garnish rice with fried raisins and almonds.
Source: Manal Al-Alem Kitchen
More arabic Food Recipes:
Lentil Rice with Meat & Carrots Recipe
Peas with rice (Bazella W Riz) Recipe
Chicken and Rice Recipe
Saudi Kabsa Recipe
Chicken biryani recipe
Rice with Tomato Recipe
Save and share Bokhari Rice Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.