Saturday, April 23, 2011
The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Lamb kebabs Recipe. Enjoy Middle Eastern barbecue and learn how to make Lamb kebabs.
Equipment: You'll need 12 fresh rosemary sprigs
Ingredients (serves 4)
600g lamb leg steaks
1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
1 tablespoon honey
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons olive oil
700g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick slices
70g rocket leaves, trimmed
lemon wedges, to serve
1. Remove leaves from rosemary sprigs, reserving 2 tablespoons leaves. Soak rosemary skewers in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain. Chop reserved leaves.
2. Cut lamb into 2cm cubes. Thread onto rosemary skewers. Place in a ceramic dish. Whisk rind, honey, garlic, reserved rosemary, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a jug. Pour over kebabs. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Place sweet potato onto a microwave-safe plate. Cover. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 6 to 8 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Drizzle with remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat barbecue plate on high heat. Reduce to medium. Lightly grease. Cook sweet potato for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Add kebabs to barbecue and cook for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
5. Place sweet potato onto serving plates. Top with lamb kebabs and serve with rocket and lemon wedges.
You can use bamboo skewers instead of rosemary sprigs, but you will need to add 2 tablespoons of rosemary leaves, finely chopped, to oil mixture in step 2.
Super Food Ideas - September 2005, Page 67
Recipe by Kerrie Mullins
More Arabic Food Recipes:
Beef kebabs with yoghurt & mint
Lamb kebabs with couscous and mint-yoghurt sauce
Beef kofta with saffron yoghurt
Moroccan kofte with spicy tomato sauce
Chicken kofta recipe
Kofta Orfali with White Rice
Save and share Lamb kebabs recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.