Thursday, June 9, 2011
The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Labneh Recipe. Enjoy preparing tasty Arabic food desserts and learn how to make Labneh .
2 Cups yoghurt
1 Tbs lemon juice
1 tsp mint, dried or thyme
1 1/2 Cup olive oil
- Mix well yoghurt, lemon juice, and dry mint.
- Cover bottom of a bowl with cheesecloth.
- Pour inside the yoghurt mixture in the center of the cheesecloth.
- Tie the cheesecloth edges and hook over the bowl. Pull corners up and tie tightly.
- Cool until all the water is exterminated (Hang overnight or for 24 hours).
- Note that labneh should be refrigerated if the weather is hot.
- Remove from cheesecloth, refrigerate.
- Divide labneh and roll it into smooth, round 4 cm balls.
- Refrigerate again.
- Place in a sterile jar, cover with olive oil.
- Labneh can be refrigerated for 3 months.
- For low fat labneh, use low fat yogurt.
- Thyme, chili powder or crushed black pepper can be used instead of dry mint.
- Herbs can be added to oil for different flavors.
- Most important step in labneh preparation is the first one (water extermination)
during which all bacteria is cleared.
More Arabic Food Recipes:
Fried Meat Sambousek
Red Pepper hummus
Baked falafel with roasted eggplant salad
Save and share Labneh Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.