|Photo: Hazelnuts Basbosa Recipe|
The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Hazelnuts BasbosaRecipe. Enjoy the Arabic Cuisine and learn how to make Hazelnuts Basbosa.
For sugar syrup
2 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cinnamon stick
2 whole cloves
For the Basbosa
3 cup fine semolina flour
1½ cup sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
4 tablespoon ghee or melted butter
1½ cup yogurt
½ cup coconut (optional)
1 tablespoon tahini past (sesame seed past)
½ cup chopped hazelnuts (optional)
½ cup chopped almond (optional)
For the syrup
- Place sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat till boiling.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (you can add vanilla or rose water optional).
- Leave it in the oven for 10 minutes or until it is ready, make sure to use it warm.
For the Basbosa
- Mix together flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the melted butter, rub with finger tips till crumbly.
- Add the yogurt and mix it well until you get soft dough.
- You can add coconut to the dough.
- Coat a baking pan with tahini.
- Spread dough evenly on the prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 175˚C for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle nuts over the soft dough while pressing on the surface.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Pour syrup over the hot Basbosa.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes, let cool at room temperature.
- Serve with whipped cream.
More Arabic Food Recipes:
Yellow coconut dessert
Sesame Cookies (Barazek)
Coffee Butter Buns
Kunafa Nabulsiah Bil-Kishta
Save and share Hazelnuts Basbosa Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.